HS International Engineering Consultants completed the expansion works of Holaf Pier in Socotra islandPublished in: Monday, May 14th, 2018 at 12:00 PM
- HS International Engineering Consultants, through its Abu Dhabi office, completed the works of redesign, supervision and management of the project of rehabilitation and expansion of Pier in Holaf of Socotra-Yemen.
- His Excellency, the Mayor along with members from the local authority and representatives from the Sponsor, Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan Foundation for Humanitarian works, have inaugurated the project which was hugely welcomed by the public who attended the project’s opening.
- The project comprised of expansion of the existing Pier’s platform from both sides by a total length of 95 meters and a width of 22 meters giving an effective platform length of 210 meters. The Pier also includes RORO Platform (Rolling Platform) especially for loading and unloading vehicles and heavy equipment.
- The project, additionally, included widening the road leading to the Pier and protecting it from both sides with concrete blocks and rocks in addition to building a metal fence, installing lighting and rehabilitation of the administration building.
- The Pier operations started with installing a new crane of 100 ton capacity.
- HS Group Operations manager, Engineer Osama Abu Ghanem stated that this project shall contribute to a great extent in stimulating the sea freight activity and opening Socotra to the world being the sole port of the island, through which all the islands needs are transported. The current expansion will participate to a great extent in easing the burden on ships queuing for long hours to load and unload and to receive ships of different sizes.
- It is worth mentioning that HS Group provides Consultancy services and execution for most projects in Socotra island except the ones with external sponsors.
- Some of the covered projects are the expansion of Holaf Pier, construction of Phase 2 of Shaikh Khalifa Hospital in Hadibu. These projects were executed in addition to design and build of a sea barrier to protect the fish landing Complex and Sheikh Zayed city comprising of 350 house units intended for low income families and whose houses were destroyed by hurricanes such as Chapala..
- The strategy of HS Group in the various areas of operation relies on integration of all regional offices with the head offices in Abu Dhabi, Amman and Canada
Recent Projects:Rehabilitation and Expansion of the Soco... Dubai Hills Residential Towers... Design and Build of Fishery Landing Mari... ... Salalah Resort... Wadi Araba Master Plan... Al Slumaniah Master Plan...
Upcoming Events:Arch. Hani Al-Sahooly interview with Ro&... After the design contract settlement, HS... HS group & Consolidated Consultants... As a step of the groups’ international... HS group is glad to announce the opening... Resident manager of an international ISO... Urban Green. European Landscape Architec...